|Michael Smith silk ruanas $225.|
A ruana is a Spanish word for a cape like garment that is open in the front and worn as a wrap. They are usually made of wool but ours are colorful and elegant silk Shibori ruanas by fabric artist Michael Smith. Ruanas are large pieces of fabric witht he front and back panels of equal length and the sleeves shorter.
|Silk Shibori ruanas $225.|
They can be worn many ways to add a bit of elegance to a dress or pant outfit. Use your imagination and create some unique ways to wear a ruana. Here are just a few to try:
- For complete cover over a dress,throw both ends over your shoulders to form a double cowl neck.
- For a bit of color over an ensemble, just throw one end over your shoulder and let the other hang loose
- Tie each front side piece with its corresponding back panel to create a jacket of sorts over you dress.
- Cross the right front panel across your body to tie it to the left back panel at the hip. Do this with the left front panel and tie it to the right back panel.
- To make a wrap. put it over your shoulders and then tie the two front panels loosely in the center of your body.
- You can even wear it as a skirt by putting the back panel over one hip and bring the side panels across your body to the other hip and tie.