Our featured artist this week is basket weaver Joe Bruneau. Joe creates organic, colorful and useful baskets out of grapevine, bittersweet vine, wisteria and honeysuckle from the surrounding mountains. Some customers use them for display but each one has a purpose - be it for gathering and holding eggs, potatoes or melons.
We have created a questionnaire for our artists based on the Pivot Questionnaire used on the Bravo TV series Inside the Actor's Studio, changing the focus to art rather than words and acting. Here are Joe's answers....
1. What is your favorite color?
2. What is your least favorite color?
A dead yellow
3. What turns you on creatively?
4. What turns you off creatively?
5. What is your idea of happiness?
Mutual respect with others.
6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
On a private beach with my partner and my pets.
7. Who is your favorite artist?
The first one.
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
9. What profession would you not like to?
10. Describe your work in one word.
Many of his baskets are decorated with beads, textured yarn and other fabric to create a very unique piece of art that anyone would want to have in their home.