|Handmade wood spreaders by Gary Ashton|
Summer's almost here and it is time to be outdoors - grilling, dining alfresco, birdwatching and fishing come to mind. If your guy is an outdoor sort, then we have the special accouterments needed for enjoying nature in your own yard. For outdoor dining, check out our wild cherry folding wood tongs by Jonathan's Spoons. Use the beautifully made wood spreaders by regional wood worker Gary Ashton for applying butter to the corn on the cob - in maple, walnut or cherry.
|Wood tongs by Jonathan's Spoon|
Get out the grill, set up the table and take in the antics of the bluebird family living inside the birdhouse hanging on your backyard tree. Try this delicious Grilled Fish Steak recipe from allrecipes.com
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 (6 ounce) fillets halibut
- In a stainless steel or glass bowl, combine garlic, olive oil, basil, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and parsley.
- Place the halibut fillets in a shallow glass dish or a resealable plastic bag, and pour the marinade over the fish. Cover or seal and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil grate. Set grate 4 inches from the heat.
- Remove halibut fillets from marinade and drain off the excess. Grill fillets 5 minutes per side or until fish is done when easily flaked with a fork.
|Birdhouse by Ken Wheeler|
|Wood fish by Jay and Stephanie Jones|